Shane Buckner's Principal Blog

Shane Buckner's Principal Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day One Done ... and all's well!

Having just emerged from yet another fruitful staff meeting, I have been able to reflect on the day and what I have heard during the "day one debrief session".
Our school is "absolutely brilliant"!
The children have begun well and I have seen and heard that all the new students have been made welcome by both actions and words.

As I went through the classrooms before school today, I had to comment to each and every teacher on how awesome their classroom environments looked. First impressions do mean a great deal - to both the children and their parents!

During the morning, I handed out the new "Wairakei School - Absolutely Brilliant" silicone wristbands. These are for both identification when out and about and as a positive identifier with a great affirmation of who we belong to.

Tomorrow is going to be great!

Keep smiling


No comments:

Post a Comment