Shane Buckner's Principal Blog

Shane Buckner's Principal Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

What makes a school ...

He tangata, he tangata, he tangata!
My first blog since being away for a holiday in the States, and I have come back to a large number of applications for the teaching positions we have here for next year.

Looking through the applications, it becomes very real, that all these people have extraordinary skills and talents and quite a large number would be able to fit in and make an absolutely brilliant contribution to the learning environment here at Wairakei School.
Not only that, but being able to fit in socially and professionally with the staff and the parent community is of great importance.

The people here at Wairakei are "Absolutely Brilliant"! I love working here, having the support of such wonderfully dedicated professionals all with the main goal of providing awesome learning experiences for children and helping them to develop into happy, confident and adaptable people.

Keep smiling

4 comments:

  1. Who ever wins a position at Wairakei will have a great future ahead of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that a nice teacher will get a position at Wairakei. and Mr Buckner, If you go on my Blog you will see a pic of me and Libby in our Choir Uniforms and you can also follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mr. Buckner check out my blog I need more followers!!

    http://www.lisa-poole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Shane,
    Howdy from New Brunswick, Canada
    I hope this is the Shane Buckner I am so fond of. I was thinking of your family just the other day while I was preparing for the holidays and it was a goal of mine to track you and your stellar bunch down and reconnect. I hope I have been successful. Can't be too many principles in Christchurch with the name Shane Buckner. HAHAHA
    So if you recall some 12 years ago having some crazy Canuck exchange student email me at
    frost.pinnacle@gmail.com
    Love from my family to yours
    David Frost

    ReplyDelete