Shane Buckner's Principal Blog

Shane Buckner's Principal Blog

Monday, December 14, 2009

Last week of Term 4

It is quite exciting, but also a little sad. My first year at Wairakei is coming to an end!
I am at the moment, working on my speech I am to give tomorrow at the Leavers' assembly. It is really quite a big deal and I am always a bit nervous at these events.
The hall is decked out in fairy lights, the kids are walking in with a silver star with their name on it and this is to be placed on the stage in special buckets. All very moving!

I am certainly making sure that what I say is relevant to them and to the occasion.

We have a number of cups, trophies and the like to give out as special prizes. I can say here that I was so proud of my own son who last week at his school's prizegiving, came away with the top prize for his school. I certainly know how each of the parents will feel tomorrow!

Well, off to a practise for the whole school to see how the assembly is to go tomorrow. Luckily, I don't have to practise my bit!!

Keep smiling


No comments:

Post a Comment